Security Automation Engineering Team Lead
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 Feb 19
Security Automation Engineering Team Lead
The Role: Security Automation Engineering Team Lead
The Location: Denver, CO or Virtual
The Impact: As the Security Automation Team Lead, you will be part of the Information Security team that develops and oversees the company's security program, ensuring the company is protected from existing and emerging threats. Working with the various teams, the Security Automation Team Lead will identify, develop, and implement solutions to automate and orchestrate security functions throughout the global enterprise.
What's in it for you? Working at S&P Global Inc. is an opportunity to thrive - a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
- Actively identity areas of improvement within the processes of the Security Operations Center and Cyber Incident Response Team with the goal of decreasing response times, increasing effectiveness, and eliminating waste, and streamlining security operations
- Develop additional playbooks and automated controls as threats change and new security tools and controls emerge
- Build a team to support the automation and orchestration of current manual processes
- Develop realtime reporting mechanisms to monitor the health of the program
- Integrate new functionality with existing systems
- Partner with other development and business teams to manage dependencies and communicate technical specifications
- Experience using scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or PowerShell
- Comfortable with REST API best practices and usage
- Hands-on experience with security technologies such as SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, EDR, and others
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3+ years in development or security functions
- Ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience in a security operations center or with security automation tools and frameworks
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Coding/Scripting in any major language (.NET, Java, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Windows and Linux administration tools and concepts
- Expertise in technologies provided by major cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.