Security Analytics Engineer, VP
Who we are looking for
State Street Bank is currently seeking a talented Splunk developer with focus on Detection Engineering and Security Analytics. The role is fully remote and reports to the Director of Cyber Security Instrumentation and Log Analytics, part of the Cyber Security Architecture and Engineering group. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Security Analytics Engineer you will
What we value
- Use your deep Splunk expertise to understand data and provide solid analysis for driving and supporting a Cyber Treat Detection strategy
- Identify and help tackle log telemetry and implementation gaps
- Liaise with SecOps and other internal teams to ensure deliverables are solid and scalable
- Improve and optimize existing and OOB detection content
- Drive complex initiatives with internal teams and key business partners to continuously improve detection and visibility
- Provide mentorship for willing and able candidates looking to get involved in Splunk content development and log telemetry monitoring
- Eventually participate on internal events and workshops sharing challenges and successes from the team
- Ensure that all documents, workflows and processes remain accurate and up-to-date
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- You are fluent in SPL (for writing queries and dashboards)
- You have worked as a lead technical analyst or engineer as part of a SOC
- You are able to perform advanced analytics and quickly generate insights from any security relevant data sources (Endpoint, Web Proxy, Firewall, etc)
- You have good understanding of endpoint security products and telemetry
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience and industry certifications
• You have experience with large, enterprise scale SIEM ecosystem
• You have good understanding of cloud technologies (Azure/AWS)
• You have a passion for learning, sharing and enabling the growth of others
• You have a background or specialization in Statistics or related field Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers