Securitized Products Group Product Controller
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 22 May 19
Securitized Products Group Product Controller
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firms books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanleys various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanleys various businesses and its senior management team.
The Securitized Products team sits within the broader Credit Complex Group (Credit Corporates, DSP Credit, Municipal Securities Trading and Securitized Products) in Fixed Income Product Control. The Securitized Products team consists of 3 employees in NY and is supported further by 8 employees in our Baltimore office.
We are currently looking for a senior manager for the North America Securitized Product Controller Group (SPG) covering all agency and non-agency trading, as well as SPGs direct lending businesses. In this role, the candidate will have exposure to and oversight of items including but not limited to the following:
- Analytical and process control over the Firms books and records, reporting on business activities and trends, control governance to connect business activities to process controls and remediation, assessing risk areas and impact to global product control and designing and reviewing controls with other business lines of defense.
- Business planning and strategy responsibility including financial analytics on new products and businesses as well as financial resource management including providing analytical metrics for the business unit.
- Participation in firm, division and business specific projects with cross collaboration across the firm aimed at process improvement, system migration and industry/regulatory changes.
- Regulatory rule interpretation and impact analysis to business activities and validation of financial inputs used in regulatory disclosures/deliverables. Including participation in Volcker metric reporting, annual and quarterly CCAR PPNR submissions amongst other items.
Other responsibilities may also include;
- Review Daily P&L/P&L attribution for various SPG trading strategies.
- Review daily commentary on large P&L movements, including analyzing p&l attribution and ensuring key drivers are in line with expectations given risk the business is running.
- Responsible for aspects of the month-end p&l closeout process, including resolving issues, and escalating key items to management.
- Responsible for aspects of Balance Sheet substantiation for specific strategies and review material changes on a daily basis with the balance sheet reporting team.
- Daily interaction with trading desk, IT, Market Risk, and other key finance groups.
- Ad hoc projects will be assigned which will involve discussion with the legal, traders, market risk, IT, i.e. new systems functionality testing etc.
-This role requires strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively within our product control group, as well as with our key clients, including the business unit, market risk, IT, legal, compliance, tax, accounting policy and other functional groups.
- Looking for a high energy team member with the willingness and ability to coach and develop staff in both NY and Baltimore offices. The candidate should be a graduate with a Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance (or another applicable subject showing strong academic credentials) with 5-10 years of product control experience.
Other requirements include:
- Product controller experience preferred, specifically preferably Fixed Income products
- High regard to attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Strong planning, organization, and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders