As a Barclays Securitization Attorney, you will be part of the Securitized Products Legal team in the Americas. You'll be Providing legal support to businesses involved in the financing, structuring, syndication, issuance, trading and distribution of Securitized Products. You will be advising the Barclays transaction committees in the Americas and working with business personnel across Securitized Products within the Investment Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Working closely with business personnel and other related stakeholders managing the execution of Securitization transactions and the legal issues relating to them
• Engaging in discussions with stakeholders to ensure that transaction execution and Legal risk management are being conducted in accordance with objectives of the business
• Working with external counsel to efficiently manage the execution of a large volume of transactions in the relevant Securitization coverage areas
• Maintaining form documentation for the relevant coverage areas and ensure that deals reflect a consistent approach to offering document disclosure
• Leading matters and negotiating of legal agreements with external Securitized Products clients and will work independently with minimal supervision
• Presenting updates on transaction matters and reporting on legal and regulatory developments
• Working with other members of the Securitized Products Legal team, to ensure a consistent approach to legal issues affecting the Securitized Products businesses
• Contributing to industry-wide initiatives including participating in Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) and Structured Finance Association (SFA) What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of services
• Practicing attorney admitted to the bar in New York with experience at a top tier law firm and knowledge of US securities laws and broker-dealer regulation
• Possess excellent legal analytical skills and expertise in securitization
• You will have excellent written and verbal English language skills; any foreign language skill is a plus Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience advising and/or working at an investment bank is desirable
• Able to think creatively and identify innovative solutions as well as the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas
• Proven skills in legal and regulatory risk management Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.