An Associate position on Mizuho's Securitization Origination team based in NY. The team is responsible for the marketing, origination, execution and management of all Securitization facilities booked in the region related to Mizuho Americas client base. The team works in partnership with the Banking Americas relationship coverage teams aligned across industries sectors as well as Mizuho's capital markets product teams including ABS Origination.
- Support all aspects of originating and executing securitization transactions for Mizuho's relationship clients.
- Prepare transaction credit applications for new and existing clients to document new transactions as well as amendments and renewals of existing programs
- Assist in monitoring and reporting for existing transactions
- Develop models and perform credit and collateral analysis using Excel, Intex, VBA on different types of asset pools, including but not limited to trade receivables, auto loans/leases, credit cards, student loans, aircraft leases and subscription facilities.
- Prepare client marketing pitch books
- Perform market research and due diligence on existing and prospective customers, asset pools, and asset classes
- Assist team with internal projects and reporting as required
- At least 3 years of relevant securitization work experience at another financial institution active in the structured finance sector.
- Experience with credit/collateral analysis and structuring of securitization transactions across different asset classes and types of structures
- Knowledge of securitization legal structures.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Advanced transaction modeling skills using Excel, Intex, VBA, etc a plus
- Analytical and detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with varying priorities to meet internal and external deadlines
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experience working with rating agencies/rating agency models and due diligence
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.