Securities Research Strategy (ASO-VP) NY
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Securities Research (SR) department within the Sustainability, Research and Investment Solutions (SRI) division at Credit Suisse ("CS") is seeking an innovative, analytical and strategic problem solver to join the Strategy function. SR Strategy team member will report to the Global SR COO and work with the Head of Securities Research and Management Committee to set and manage key strategic priorities for the department. This area is focused on developing and executing initiatives critical to SRs short- and long-term growth. The role is highly visible, with opportunities to work with CS, SRI and SR senior leaders and is well suited for an individual who enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross functional teams and thrives in a dynamic setting. Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to the SR strategy and priorities - analyzing market landscape, peer group, and SR products, clients and positioning
- Identify business opportunities and/or issues, structure analyses to resolve financial and strategic impact and develop efficient and implementable solutions (prioritizing them and partnering across the organization to implement)
- Articulate the SR strategy, key priorities and performance for internal presentations and external reporting
- Stay ahead of major developments in the industry (e.g., regulations, competition) that create new opportunities or challenges to the business
- Synthesize analytical results and tailor messages for executive level discussions - including the SR Management Committee, SRI CEO, CS Executive Board, the Board of Directors, and other operating senior executives
- Influence and build trust based positive relationships with senior leadership, management and peers across CS
- Have total flexibility to work across all areas of the SR department, being able to quickly shape work, learn new specific skills and to deliver high-quality results
- At least 3-5+ years of experience in financial services or management consulting in a related field; relevant product experience is a plus
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Outstanding strategic analysis, problem solving, issue resolution and decision making skills; data science experience is a big plus!
- Outstanding interpersonal and engagement skills with the capability to build consensus across divisions and various levels of seniority, while gaining respect of senior management and business teams
- Powerful written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey thoughts effectively and influence decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Hardworking with ability to support multiple projects and meet competing deadlines
- Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to distill large amounts of information into a readily digestible work product
- Result oriented with ability to learn quickly and a strong work ethic
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.