Securities Research Global Sector Analyst, NY
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are looking for a Research Associate/Vice President to work with our Head of Global Sector Research. The role will be based in our New York office but will provide an exciting opportunity to coordinate and work with the team of analysts worldwide. Self-motivated, organized and diligent, a teammate with a knack for writing and the ability to synthesize information quickly are encouraged to apply.
A role in Credit Suisse's Sustainability Research & Investment Solutions division working alongside the Head of Global Sector Research, a Managing Director, to drive CS' commitment to global thematic research and set the stage for increased engagement in our clients' investment process. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with 30 to 40 Global Sector Coordinators to select appropriate themes, help develop these themes and plan the timelines. Work through the life cycle of these global thematic reports with the aim to deliver 3 to 4 such reports every month.
- Manage coordination across the global research department, including various sector teams and the global Product Management team.
- Use our global thematic content in other divisions such as our Wealth Management businesses and also work with partners in Global Market's Structuring teams.
- Develop a media dissemination strategy, and where appropriate, will help write and craft summaries of these global thematic reports for such purposes.
- Assist in writing select cross-sector global thematic notes (also using our macro content) and on occasional fast-developing themes
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic background
- 3 to 5+ years of working experience in Financial or Industry analysis or Macro strategy on either the buy-side or sell-side (either as an analyst or as a salesperson). Candidates with experience at well-established financial journals or finance-focused media houses are also welcome to apply
- Detailed understanding of global equity markets and various factors and themes that drive stock prices
- An analytical mind, intellectual curiosity, with a sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hardworking with ability to learn independently and being dedicated, committed and able to prioritize in working towards team/individual deadlines.
- Result oriented with capability to work in a fast paced environment, cross collaborating with teams globally.
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 required - successful completion shortly after employment begins is essential
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.