Our traders execute a critical role in relation to alpha generation for scientific, fundamental and index based products. They are seasoned traders that partner with portfolio managers to optimize returns through a variety of trade types.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Our traders execute a critical role in relation to alpha generation for scientific, fundamental and index based products. They are seasoned traders that partner with portfolio managers to optimize returns through a variety of trade types. Traders represent our firm for a selective group of markets or asset classes and are the primary owner of BlackRock’s interface with top tier prime brokerage firms. Traders are part of the Trading & Liquidity Strategies Group.
We are actively searching for a Securities Lending Trader to join our team based in New York.
- Trading the US Equity Securities Lending book
- Maximize revenue through active trading strategies based on fundamental analysis of companies, sectors, and market variables
- Analyze book performance and market trends on a daily basis, providing commentary to management and investment teams
- Manage, maintain and build out counterparty lending relationships in order to maximize the profitability derived from these relationships
- Manage risk with strong attention to even the smallest details
- Leverage technical and quantitative skills to improve trading performance, including working closely with researchers and developers to build best in class quantitative and technological solutions
- Coordinate with other traders in the New York US Equity team to ensure consistency of our trading strategy
- Build strong working relationships with internal operations teams, including understanding their daily process and helping drive efficiencies to improve revenue, performance and mitigate risks
- University degree educated
- 2-5 years of professional experience. Trading experience preferred but not mandatory
- Proven ability to multitask and work under pressure
- High level of energy, drive and self-motivation
- Excellent communication, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Proficient in SQL, VBA and Python
- Analytical mindset, with clear, logical & structured thought process
- Team player who can also work autonomously
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity in financial markets, appetite for consistent learning is a must, experience and/or knowledge of US market is helpful
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.