Sector Lead, Non-traditional (Esoteric assets)
S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With roughly 20,000 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 21 countries, S&P Global is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions. The Team / The Business
The U.S. Non-Traditional team includes a variety of esoteric Structured Finance asset classes such as Corporate Securitization, Aircraft Securitizations, Container Securitizations, Insurance related Securitizations, etc. The team has a strong collegial environment and friendly atmosphere. As a Sector Lead you would be expected to lead our team's market facing interactions, and mentor more junior analysts. A lot of the work is completed independently, but every rating involves a team of analysts, so teamwork is very important. As a senior credit expert on the team, he/she will be key to our analytic leadership in the market. Position Overview:
The Sector Lead will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence and excellent communication skills in front of internal and external audiences. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to work at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to issuers, arrangers and global investors. You will be required to prepare and lead meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong organizational and presentation skills are also required to implement manage and continually improve the teams analytical and industry expertise and related governance. The sector leader will be expected to lead investor meetings and be able to speak at industry conferences on the Non-Traditional sector.
The successful candidate will have an established track record in credit analysis and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector wide analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and experience with client and investor analytical education. Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical leadership and external focus for the designated teams and the broader Non-Traditional sector.
- Develops cross practice, cross-department, and global analytic research and commentary
- Actively chair the team's credits, particularly for complex, new and/or esoteric asset classes.
- Perform credit analysis by demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global's ratings criteria.
- Effectively leads special projects/tasks (criteria, regulatory, analytical, education, planning etc.)
- Acts as senior analytical spokesperson for the team, communicating S&P analytical thought leadership, credit themes, and new criteria via publications, speeches, conference presentations, and media interviews
- Supports Lead Analysts and Analysts during challenging interactions with issuers
- Meets with investors, issuers and intermediaries to provide analytical education and gather feedback
- Creates and leverages partnerships with Lead Analysts in the team and other Sector Leads and Lead Analysts across Structured Finance Ratings
- Shares / transfers knowledge and skills, and mentors junior team members to develop them
- Experience related to the Non-Traditional sector/ esoteric assets is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree a plus
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Strong expertise in analytical leadership, problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor analytical team members.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The aptitude to be a team player, but also be able to work independently
- Be accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy while complying with deadlines.
- Be highly proficient at working with financial models.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Be willing to travel.