Scrum Master - Group Lead
Fitch's Scrum Master Center of Excellence (CoE) is responsible for promoting and supporting Agile best practices across many Agile development squads. The Scrum Master CoE lead is an empowering facilitator and leader, who creates a collaborative environment and provides coaching to increase productivity. S/He ensures goals, scope and product domain are understood. S/He helps squads to create high-value products and ensures that stakeholders and Product Owners interact in an Agile manner with the teams. This Scrum Master CoE is critical component to Fitch's Agile transformation and ongoing management. This position reports to the Fitch CTO Who we are looking for:
You are an energetic leader who will lead the Scrum Master organization during a time of change. You are enthusiastic about teaching and coaching others and leading their personal and career development in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve a common set of goals and thrives on finding creative solutions to problems. You are a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them improve and deliver their best work. As a senior leader you will champion the transformation to Agile, developing an organization of Scrum Masters across multiple teams, playing an active role in effecting the cultural and practical changes that will drive the transformation forward. Key responsibilities:
• Establish and manage an organization of Scrum Masters as part of a technology team of approximately 250 employees and contractors who will:
- Evangelize Agile and its benefits and drive adoption and cultural change for their team and others.
- Coach their teams on Agile and its usage, self-organization and collaboration, increasing their productivity.
- Facilitate all aspects of Agile for their team, remove obstacles impeding progress and create an environment of continuous delivery and improvement.
• Partner with other senior and executive leaders to envision and execute components of the Agile transformation, clearing organizational impediments and evolving the culture.
• Partner with other leaders to support teams and stakeholders on the success of key product, content and distribution initiatives.
• Help identify & deliver training needs to support Agile practices.
• Participate in enterprise Agile events such as delivery reviews and sprint demos.
• Guide the configuration and adoption of Agile tools, metrics and reporting
• Drive the personal and career development of your organization as a leader, mentor and manager.
• Be a member of the IT Senior leadership team, contributing to the overall strategic vision and execution. Requirements:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Finance or Business Management, or equivalent experience
• Agile practitioner capabilities & experience working with or in Agile teams pursing complex engineering work
• A background in Scrum support for DevOps tools engineering, Systems Infrastructure, or Tech Operations teams
• Technical competency in Scrum & Kanban methods; lean process improvement; app. development lifecycle
• Experience in coaching and development of multiple teams
• Ability to think creatively and brainstorm to find solutions for challenges
• A continuous improvement mind-set and dedication to uncovering better ways of working
• Excellent communications and people-interaction skills
• Commitment to organization's new way of working through greater collaboration & breaking down of siloes
• 10+ years of working experience in various Agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, SAFe
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .