Sanctions Compliance Analyst
Employee will report directly to the Bank's Sanctions Officer and will work to strengthen all aspects of the bank's Sanctions Compliance Program, including effective policy, procedure, and risk management. Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain OFAC policies and procedures
- Conduct thorough reviews and investigations of transaction and customer related escalations to determine potential sanctions related risks. Conduct robust due diligence and maintain evidence of all communications and due diligence performed. Document detailed dispositions that adequately mitigate the risks.
- Develop and report on key KRI/MIS relating to sanctions compliance for senior management and Head Office
- Assist Sanctions Officer with ad-hoc projects, as necessary
- BS Degree required
- Min. 2 years experience working in a sanctions compliance function at a large Bank, or conducting sanctions related audits
- Experience conducting OFAC investigations
- Extensive knowledge of OFAC regulations
Must possess strong:
- Written and communication skills
- Understanding of corporate governance and the OFAC regulatory environment
- Understanding of sanctions filtering systems process flows, inputs, and outputs Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.