Sales / Business Development
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 30 Jan 18 2018-01-30
Leading structured products analytics firm based in New York City. Spun out of a Global Hedge Fund in 2009 to commercialize technology the team used to trade and manage structured product portfolios. Their client base includes leading financial institutions including investment banks, broker/dealers, hedge funds, asset managers, and insurance companies in the United States and Europe.
They are looking to add to its sales and business development team. Responsibilities primarily include maintaining a book of business, growing that book via onboarding new clients and expanding existing client relationships, working with product development to prioritize the expansion of various product lines, and helping lead go-to-market planning and execution for new product launches.
The ideal candidate is looking for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where they can have an immediate impact on the business from day one. Prior client facing experience in a sales, account management, or front office role is required, preferably covering financial institutions. Structured products experience generally, with collateralized loan obligation or non-agency RMBS experience specifically, is a plus. The role offers continued opportunities for professional development and progression as the firm grows.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field (economics, finance, math/statistics); advanced degrees are a plus but not required
- Minimum 4-6 years in the financial markets
- Prior sales/relationship management experience required; Sales professionals should be from buy/sell side or other financial institution, or from a financial analytics or risk management firm
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in, structured credit markets (CLOs, Non-Agency RMBS, CMBS, TruP CDOs) preferred
- Self-starter, proactive, detail-oriented, and diligent with regard to follow-up with prospects and client
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills; Ability to tailor differentiated messaging to sophisticated audiences
- Ability, and desire, to learn complex products quickly