Sales Trader - Commodities
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- ACT Commodities
- 10 Sep 18
Are you looking to get into Trading but don't want to live behind a screen all day? Is your personality best described as ambitious, driven, and commercial? Are you eager enough to pick up the phone and build your own client portfolio? Are you curious about the combination of sales and global commodity trading? Then come speak with ACT Commodities about our Sales Trader opportunities in the Environmental Commodities Market(s).
ACT Commodities is a global leader in trading environmental commodities. Founded in 2009 as one of the first companies to pursue this market, we are now one of the largest specialized trading firms in the fields of carbon emissions, biofuels and renewable energy on a global scale. ACT Commodities operates in both Amsterdam and New York.
- Sales, Business development and Marketing for various environmental commodities, with an emphasis on building relationships and networks with sellers, end-users and buyers of such commodities.
- Analyze fundamental, technical and sentiment attributes of the North American Environmental Commodities market(s) to develop and implement profitable trading strategies.
- Understand the landscape within the market including product knowledge, business challenges, legislative changes, and financial drivers.
- Represent the firm at conferences, engage with stakeholders and the carbon market community, follow and be up to speed with regulatory policy.
- Undergraduate Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Environmental Studies or a related field
- 0-4 years of relevant experience
- Dynamic, “outside of the box” problem solver with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Ambitious, innovative and team oriented; this highly valued role will require an intelligent professional with a commercial skillset and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Presentation and client communication skills are essential
- Take ownership for decisions and be accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
Compensation & benefits
- The chance to create your own business and build up a client portfolio within our enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team
- Challenging working environment with a lot of opportunities
- Working in the fastest growing and most volatile commodity markets
- A competitive salary and performance bonus
- Intensive in-house training to develop valuable commercial trading skills
- Attention to and training of personal development