- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Feb 18
Sales Representative - Credit Solutions Sales
Location: New York, NY, USAThis New Business Development role is a new position within the Moody's Analytics sales force that presents an excellent opportunity for those early in their career to join our team and immediately contribute. Within the framework of enlarging our client base and increasing product penetration among our clients, you will be responsible for working with a team of Sales Representatives that oversee our Credit Risk Solutions. New Business Development hunters will work with their team to identify product and solutions opportunities and to assist in presenting products, benefits, and solutions to prospective clients. As a Business Development Officer, you will be expected to take part in calling campaigns, new product launches, finding new prospective clients, and assisting in managing sales cycles to closure.
- Take part in sales campaigns and related activities as directed.
- Convey the Moody's Analytics value proposition, and assist the team to deliver on sales targets for both new and recurring revenue through combination of:
- Prospecting for new clients
- Selling additional services to existing clients
- Selling new products
- Re-enforce value proposition to retain and grow client relationships
- Significant meeting activity
- Gain and maintain familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate Moody's product set
- Assist with the production of forecasts and pipeline information to management
This role is part of Moody's Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service
- Bachelors' degree in finance, economics or related area required
- 2-4 years' sales experience required. Experience working within or selling into capital markets is a bonus.
- Comfortable on the phone and managing objections
- Clear written communication skills: inquisitive and asking questions skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Ability to multi-task and to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
- Motivated by goal attainment and performance measurement
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Proficiency with the Internet, MS Office, CRM applications
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.