Our client is a leading alternative data solutions company with one of the worlds’ largest data lakes, which when combined with their powerful proprietary Artificial Intelligence technology results in a powerful alpha intelligence solution for both fundamental and quantitative investors. With leading asset managers, hedge funds and private equity firms as clients, they are in a league of their own and on a great growth trajectory!
As they expand their proposition and see continued exponential sales growth, as part of continued expansion plans they're building out their US operation with a Sales Engineer, working as an integral part of the sales team as a subject matter expert / alternative data consultant. It’s a critical role working closely with the Account Executives using your expertise to take clients through their technical / data evaluation processes including:
- Building strong relationships with prospects to understand their investment processes and alternative data requirements.- Preparation and execution of product presentations ranging from standard demonstrations to prospect type workshops and proof of concepts to meet their needs.
- Efficiently organise internal resources to meet with the needs of the prospect at each stage of the sales process.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of proposal responses (RFP, RFI etc) in partnership with the Sales Executives.
- Provide feedback to product management of any trends or consistent requests from prospects that will drive new product innovation and functionality.
Appropriate applicants will have:
- Strong client facing experience for an investment technology, research and/or data firm in a pre-sales / sales engineer or consultant type role.
- The ability assimilate client investment research workflows, identify pain points which could be overcome and present solutions to clients meeting their needs.
- Intelligent, articulate and confident, and you will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Some data science and/or quantitative analysis experience would be ideal, as would some Python programming skills/experience (but not a pre-requisite). Whilst alternative data experience would be a plus it isn’t required, so could present a great opportunity to get into this ‘hot’ area.
- The ability to pick up solutions which are new and unique in the market.
- The personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture.
This is a great career opportunity to join a pioneer at the forefront of data science solutions for investors. There is also the opportunity to make a significant contribution in the company’s success and growth – with which your career will grow!
Remuneration: High, commensurate with experience to attract top performers.
Location: New York or any East Cost location remote.
Keywords: sales engineer, pre-sales consultant, pre-sales engineer, consultant, analyst, private equity, venture capital, investment banks, corporate intelligence, hedge funds, buy side, asset management, mutual funds, investment management, equity research, stock selection, algorithmic, analytics, alpha generation, alternative data, natural language processing, corporate finance, M&A, investment research, big data, artificial intelligence, data science, equity research, stock selection, fundamental analysis, quantitative analysis.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.