Sales Development Representative (SDR)
What's in it for you:
IHS Markit, Corporate Solutions team is looking for a Sales Development Rep who is passionate about developing qualified sales opportunities with some of the world's most demanding, high-profile clients.
As an SDR, we will give you the opportunity and means to take more control of your own career through your own hard work! You will collaborate with the Sales Executive Team to create a unique, value-add 'pitch' for each potential client. In addition to presenting qualified leads to Sales, you will be responsible for maintaining a robust pipeline of prospects. What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- Work closely with the marketing team and leverage the marketing automation and CRM platforms to identify the contacts and firms most engaged with Prism and most ready to be sold to.
- Reach out to, develop and convert prospects into qualified selling opportunities, and then transition them effectively to the appropriate sales rep.
- Work closely with field sales representatives to research firms with the greatest revenue potential for IHS Markit's Corporate Solutions and develop targeted marketing campaigns to generate engagement with these "must have" public companies and their Investor Relations teams
- Drive attendance and conduct follow up for all events Corporate Sales attends or sponsors (e.g. trade show) or produces (e.g. webinar, thought leadership event, commingling customer/prospect events).
- Regularly report on quantity, velocity, quality and conversion of marketing leads and sales opportunities.
- Minimum of two years work experience in a sales or marketing capacity, ideally at a financial technology or solution services company
- Ability to develop a professional rapport and collaborate effectively with sales and marketing teams
- Successful track record of high volume client outreach via email and phone
- Highly motivated and goal oriented, with a hunter mentality
- Working knowledge of using Salesforce
- Possess excellent oral and written communications, including the ability to effectively present information to top management and executives (internally and externally) as required
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions with minimal supervision
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.