Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative's main responsibility is to generate Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) within their assigned region by proactively identifying, nurturing and qualifying new business opportunities. He/she is accountable for comprehensive account research, mapping and prospecting as well as ensuring a smooth transition once the account becomes 'qualified'.
General Job Duties:
- Sell across the Private Capital Markets portfolio of products in order to achieve and exceed new business targets
- Have a clear understanding of the unique value proposition that the Private Capital Markets assets represent and be able to communicate and represent to prospects
- Able to sell solutions rather than products and have the ability to quickly identify and answer customer pain points
- Work with Strategy and Marketing teams to identify new business and white space opportunities
Specific Job Duties:
- Partner with your team to grow a book of business within our Private Capital Markets unit by canvassing for new business in specific regions/industry sectors
- Strong focus on new business acquisition includes qualifying or disqualifying opportunities
- Understand the solution sales cycle and challenges including competitor tactics, and then leverage the knowledge to refine sales strategies
- Complete CRM discipline is required where all deals need to be updated on regular basis to maintain accurate forecasting and insure visibility across the business line
- Internal communication and reporting, provide ongoing feedback from clients to Sales and Product Management
- Compliment the activities of our Marketing team by following up on leads, using Social Media to increase general market awareness and continually follow industry news to remain relevant to the prospect base
- Bachelor's degree desirable
Required Experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required:
- A minimum of 1 years sales experience, with at least 1 years' experience in selling into the private capital markets preferred
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.