Sales Development Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 Feb 19
Sales Development Manager
The Role: Sales Development Manager
The Location: U.S. or Canada
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ) : 11A
The Team: Our Team supports the Commercial Team on achieving their sales and renewal and retention goals. We are a highly collaborative, creative & global team who work closely together on key Education initiatives to drive commercial performance. We attract high performing candidates who are looking to sharpen their skill set and increase their exposure to the business, with the ultimate goal to improve sales and net renewal proficiency throughout the organization.
The Impact: As part of the Commercial Education team, you will be responsible for training and coaching SPGMI's front line Americas Commercial staff (sales, relationship management, product specialists & client support) on both role based & diagnostic sales skills. You will cover all segments but work closely with & share regional Americas territory with one other Sales Development Manager. This person will be expected to have frequent exposure to Commercial leadership with high visibility communication responsibilities of Education initiatives across the Americas.
As part of your training & coaching responsibilities, you will design, deliver & coordinate role based skills training programs to both on-boarders and existing members of staff. These include Book of Business Planning, Territory Planning, Negotiation skills, Commercial Confidence and additional skills required by commercial to achieve success.
These training programs will couple with your teaching of diagnostic sales skills to both on-boarders and existing members of staff, collaborating with Commercial Team Leadership to identify both individual and team performance gaps, and then tailoring sessions and programs accordingly. Training will either be in group classroom or individual coaching format, both in the office, on calls and out in the field.
You will additionally work closely with your Education team members across the globe to update or build new courses and training materials, and support various Education initiatives, as required. From time to time you may support diagnostic training efforts to our partner groups outside of Commercial.
What we're looking for: Your background will be an accomplished leader in either relationship management, sales or product specialism, with a real passion for coaching and developing people. You have been exposed to and utilized PRG diagnostic methodology as part of your commercial job and have experience in building training initiatives.
- Communication Responsibilities of Education initiatives to Americas Commercial leadership
- Design, deliver & coordinate role based skills & diagnostic sales approach for new and tenured Commercial Team members.
- Observe sales calls, product demonstrations, and client training sessions and provide feedback
- Travel with Sales, Relationship Managers and Product Specialists to reinforce diagnostic sales concepts and other skills.
- Provide mentoring and initiate training plans, in collaboration with managers.
- Make program recommendations to managers and other partners based on common feedback/observations.
- Appraise and ensure quality and effectiveness of any externally delivered courses as well as deliver when required (eg. LinkedIn, Salesforce etc.)
- Liaise with stakeholders on projects including recruiting and career path coaching.
- Maintain and advertise training calendar, monitor enrollments, review program evaluations, prepare training metrics, recommend program changes, and update management, as required.
- Assist in developing and implementing online learning and monitor usage, as required.
- Support other Commercial Education team projects and complete other assignments as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in a finance discipline or relevant work experience
- Extensive experience in selling or relationship management or product / sector specialism
- Advanced understanding of finance industry and marketing and sales of financial services and products to customer base.
- Motivated individual with exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Experience with the PRG framework/Consultative Selling style (desirable, not necessary)
- Experience with webinar technologies (desirable, not necessary)
- Working knowledge of SPGMI products (highly desirable, not necessary)
- Ability and willingness to travel. This position requires occasional day and overnight trips away from the home office.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.