Sales Development Associate
JobDescription : The Role:
As a Sales Development Associate, this will be your starting point to begin a sales career with S&P Global. You will drive revenue growth with current clients and prospects by identifying opportunities to expand existing relationships through an expanded product offering and by also establishing new relationships through introductory engagements.
They will be expected to execute a commercial strategy presented to you by commercial leadership and perform outreach, and diagnose the need for a range of client profiles within the Market Intelligence client base. This includes working closely with companies across Technology, FinTech, Media, Professional Services, and Corporate sectors.
In partnership with the Sales Associates and Product Specialists, they will be responsible for introducing key clients and prospects to the Market Intelligence suite of solutions and assessing whether the prospect is a good fit for our service. This is a high growth role within the Market Intelligence Commercial organization. The Location:
New York, NY or Boston The Team:
The Sales Development Team is responsible for creating more sales opportunities for revenue growth from current Market Intelligence customers and prospects by filling the top of the funnel with qualified leads and scheduled engagements. What's in it for you:
- Experience calling into market leading companies
- Exposure to meetings with decision-makers and business users
- Part of a world-class sales team
- Career growth opportunities
- Work through assigned Market Intelligence accounts by segment to qualify potential prospects
- Identify the right group/users within an organization and engage them in a conversation about our supply chain product
- Develop an outreach strategy to drive appointments with Sales Associates
- Work on white space accounts and try to engage prospects in the buying process
- Grow product and sales knowledge by sitting in with various team members, attending the demos you set, and asking for feedback on a regular basis
- Intro new clients to the Relationship Manager to ensure they receive seamless, high-quality support
- Bachelor's degree required
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Six months to 1 year of experience in client services, BDR, and or sales
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to work towards revenue targets within a business development environment
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers, etc.
- Solid organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EEO:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.