- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Jan 19
The Role: Sales Coordinator
The Location: New York
The Impact: This person will permit the sales rep to concentrate their efforts in revenue generating activities, increase customer interaction and ensure our customers experience and superior all round service.
What's in it for you: The position serves as crucial role in helping the productivity of our sales team and deliver excellent customer experience. A key part of the role is to act as a link between the Sales rep and OA/fulfillment and Collections teams. You will improve, help and speed up the contract processing process and increase efficiency, ultimately allowing for customers to receive services in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Order Administration and Billing departments to ensure swift implementation of commercial contracts , trials, service changes
- Work in conjunction with Sales Team to process the simple / auto renewals
- Generate paperwork, MSA & SA, for new orders and renewals
- In collaboration with Sales Team update the user list in Oracle
- Ensure all new services have been activated
- Respond to client inquiries
- Follow up on open contract escalations
- Coordinate any market training and manage pertinent market information to sales accounts. Manage pipeline and salesforce reporting
- Aid management with presentation preparation including but not limited to gathering inputs and generating graphics, etc.
- Aid management with new hire onboarding. Manage training schedule and systems access.
- Support Sales rep with business management and account planning: assist rep when they travel. Help co-ordinate activities that support your segment and client growth.
What We're Looking For: The ideal candidate will build a very deep understanding on Platts' contract processing procedures. This successful candidate will have some interaction with clients. The customer experience is paramount and they will serve as a backup fielding and directing client enquires to the right department if the sales rep is unavailable.
- Excellent organization and communication skills both written and verbal; Must utilize strong phone, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. With strong time management skill and results oriented
- Highly proficient in systems (Salesforce and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Previously worked in a sales support and / or Order administration role.
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can-do attitude and have a financial analytical mindset
- High level of English (Verbal and Written)
- Degree and/ or other business discipline/ training
- Strong planning an organization skills
- Has broad based knowledge of Salesforce, order processing and customer service skills
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.