Sales Associate- Investment Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Mar 19
Sales Associate- Investment Management
Do you thrive in a dynamic environment, where the work changes daily? As a Sales Associate (SA), you will be responsible for promoting and consultative selling a portfolio of products current and target customers within the Investment Management Segment. You will identify key decision makers and influencers within target prospects and execute sales strategy in collaboration with sales members, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain exposure and build a career in sales.
As an SA, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced sales professionals within the Financial Services industry to service a variety of equity and fixed income focused asset managers, hedge funds and institutional clients in the Americas. We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for the future growth of the organization. In doing so you will have the opportunity to learn our clients' business and help identify their needs, whilst providing solutions utilizing our products and tools.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited growth potential
- Collaborative work environment, with regular mentoring from peers and leadership
- High visibility role, interacting with clients and potential clients daily, including senior leaders at client organizations
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain focused approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Identify new opportunities within the designated territory and establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations
- Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for sourcing new opportunities
- Coordinate and deliver sales demonstrations on product functionality relative to the potential client's workflow
- Lead the platform trial management process and coordinate the transition of new clients to the Relationship Management team
- Bachelor's degree required (Finance, Economics or related field preferred)
- 2-3 years work experience (2 years of experience in financial services industry and/or in a sales/account management role preferred)
- Ambition, passion, drive and a hunger for sales
- Confidence in cold calling and dealing with C-Level executives over the phone and in person
- Exceptional skills in listening to clients, articulating ideas and complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Positive, proactive attitude and ability to work well in teams
- Proven record of selling complex solutions to asset managers or asset owners
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally experienced in a consultative sales or a client facing role (inside sales, prospecting, sales support, customer support) and in dealing with challenging situations (e.g. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers, etc.)
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required
- Any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) or research platforms (e.g. Capital IQ/SNL, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, or Factset) would be advantageous
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.