- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
SVP, Strategic Analysis and Risk Content
SVP, Strategic Analysis and Risk Content
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Business Management and Admin
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18049599
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for designing and facilitating the execution of core Risk frameworks and processes (e.g., Risk Governance / Appetite Frameworks), facilitating the execution of key processes that enable monitoring and management of risks (i.e., Risk Controls) and associated stakeholder interaction (e.g., Regulatory Affairs) and for the oversight and execution of critical strategic and cross-Risk initiatives.
The Strategic Analysis and Risk Content team facilitates the identification and understanding of key risks in the current operating environment, enhances management practices that identify and manage these risks, and builds management / Board confidence in our frameworks, approaches and practices. The Strategic Analysis and Risk Content SVP will:
• Lead strategic analyses for the CRO, Board, regulators and other constituents on a broad range of topics such as macroeconomic analyses, new risk management tools & frameworks, and portfolio deep-dives
• Develop perspectives on key Risk topics such as top-of-mind risks for usage internally (e.g. Board) and externally (e.g. Regulators, Central Banks, Industry Associations)
• Anticipate, understand and analyze evolving regulatory requirements and their impact on Citi and the industry
• Develop analytics to support key organizational initiatives and ad hoc request (e.g., peer bank comparisons)
• Lead the development of key metrics and targets for Management Scorecards for the CRO and other senior Risk Managers
• Thoroughly research and perform in-depth analyses on key Risk thought leadership topics
• Lead large cross-Risk working groups of senior subject matter experts to develop well informed views on key Risk topics
• Analyze and synthesize findings to draw out key themes. Ensure consistency in methodologies and data interpretation across Risk segments
• Guide the development of actionable recommendations and create clear and succinct materials for the CRO to present to the Board as well as to various other internal and external forums
• Lead detailed analyses on the impact of regulations and other changes to the operating environment on Citi and the industry as a whole. Understand and evaluate competitive landscapes, market conditions and the financials of industry participants
• Develop strong working relationships and effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the organization (business and functions) to accomplish goals
Position provides a unique vantage point to gain a firm-wide perspective across all businesses (ICG, CCB and Consumer) and Risk Types (credit, market, liquidity, operational & compliance, strategic and reputational). The body of work involves a significant amount of interaction with Citigroup and CBNA senior management and the position provides the opportunity to engage in high profile initiatives and mandates from the CRO Office, which allows for direct involvement in some of the most critical strategic projects throughout the Risk organization and the entire firm.
• 10+ years of experience working or consulting for financial institutions with an analytical and/or business management background
• Master's degree preferred; Bachelors in an analytically focused concentration (e.g. finance, business, economics, etc.)
• Exceptional quantitative and writing skills with an ability to quickly analyze large amounts of data, synthesize complex concepts and translate information into effective / straightforward presentations for senior audiences
• Proven ability to drill down into complex alternatives, independently make sound and well-reasoned recommendations, and convince others to accept and implement those recommendations
• Exceptional problem solving abilities
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Project Management Skills
• Ability to identify, forecast and escalate potential issues / concerns and "connect- the-dots" across potential silos
• Excellent influencing, facilitation and partnering skill with a demonstrated ability to interact and work effectively with diverse teams
• Ability to think critically and understand what a Board Member or Senior Executive would find relevant
• Organizes facts in a systematic way, concisely highlights issues, offers action-oriented solutions
• Ability to multi-task productively and to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to "roll up sleeves"
• Ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet tight deadlines