SVP, Operational Risk Oversight Function Head - Risk Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed.
The Operational Risk Oversight Function Head is responsible for leading the independent assessment and oversight of the Bank’s operational risks in order to enhance the Bank's resilience and improve outcomes. The Operational Risk Function Head leads the Operational Risk Function (the Bank’s second line of defense for operational risk), is a member of the senior leadership team of the Risk Group, and reports directly to the Bank’s Chief Risk Officer and Executive Vice President of the Risk Group. Your role as the Operational Risk Oversight Function Head:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Independently assess and oversee operational risks to enhance the Bank’s resilience and improve outcomes.
- Set strategic direction to strengthen the Bank's approach to operational risk management including the integration of operational risk into the Bank's resiliency strategy.
- Collaborate with and influence internal and external stakeholders to inspire positive change and well-coordinated, value-added approaches to risk management.
- Strengthen the effectiveness and efficiency of the operational risk framework and related policies, processes, and tools.
- Lead, develop, and inspire the staff of the Operational Risk Oversight Function and maintain alignment of skills and capabilities with leading practices.
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team and Chief Risk Officer to develop and execute the Risk Group's strategy.
- As an enterprise leader, advance the Bank's overall mission and culture including diversity and inclusion.
This position requires access to FOMC and Confidential Supervisory information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Extensive and proven track record of effective oversight of operational risks including at least five years in a leadership role. Proven ability to identify risks, evaluate risks and controls, assess options, and escalate material concerns based on sound judgment, analysis, and experience.
- Bachelor's degree required with additional credentials in risk-related disciplines preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience implementing operational risk assessment, risk event management, and oversight of operational risks of complex businesses. Familiarity with risk disciplines including resiliency management, business continuity management, external dependency management, and technology risk management.
- Demonstrated success leading change efforts through effective collaboration with stakeholders, development of standards-based solution options, and adaptability to the overall objectives of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with openness to feedback, strong desire to learn and improve, and ability to develop trusted relationships through demonstration of understanding of other viewpoints.
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and transform complex issues and data into meaningful and actionable information for decision-makers.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage a portfolio of projects using project management techniques to ensure timely completion and high-quality deliverables.
- Consistent demonstration of the highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA.