- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
SVP, Market Risk Senior Officer I
SVP, Market Risk Senior Officer I
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19014439
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Liquidity Risk Manager will assist in the implementation and execution of the liquidity risk management framework and supporting processes across legal entities, geographies, and business segments. The candidate will interact directly with members of Treasury Risk Management, Regional and Country Risk Managers, Treasury, and business teams, with exposure to senior management. The Liquidity Risk Manager will assist in the design, monitoring, and implementation of an independent assessment of liquidity risks and in the preparation of senior management communications. The role will require review of liquidity risk metrics and processes supporting liquidity risk management to identify potential emerging risks or areas of the governance framework requiring enhancement. The Liquidity Risk Manager will also provide effective challenge within independent risks in areas related to liquidity and ALM risk management. The challenge may require analysis using market and internal data as well as quantitative techniques including statistical analysis.
• Design and conduct the independent assessment of liquidity risks and risk management processes
• Enhance the firm-wide governance framework for liquidity risks, including enhancements related to changes in the regulatory environment and compliance to the regulations
• Participate in the development of the Liquidity Policy and Standards
• Work closely with Treasury and senior management to identify emerging ALM and liquidity risks and conduct analysis
• Provide independent challenge on liquidity assumptions and limit framework.
• Monitor liquidity risk reporting and metrics to identify and escalate potential areas of concern
• Review New Product proposal and provide independent liquidity risk assessment
• Produce presentation materials and present analysis to senior management and regulators
• Conduct independent research projects focus on liquidity risks
Through these activities, the candidate will gain experience with the processes supporting liquidity risk management within a global financial services firm, and broaden exposure through the interactions with the regions and country team globally.
• Broad understanding of liquidity risks and balance sheet management
• Strong financial market knowledge of fixed income, capital markets, and banking products
• Ability to think strategically and understand implications of liquidity risk management to firm-wide balance sheet and capital management
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent ability to work within a team globally
• Ability to ensure work is conducted in an independent and ethical manner
• Postgraduate level education, with an excellent academic record in economics, finance or other quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics, etc.). Masters or higher degree is preferred
• Experience in Risk Management, Finance, Treasury, or other control functions within a financial services setting
• Prior experience related to liquidity/ALM management or Treasury products
• Knowledge of balance sheet management, capital markets and banking products, and financial systems