SVP, Investor Relations
Senior Vice President of Investor Relations Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 18 Location:
Open The Team:
The Senior Vice President of Investor Relations creates and maintains a compelling investor relations roadmap working closely with CFO, CEO, and other members of the leadership team, to communicate the company's strategy, growth opportunities, and business initiatives in a way that creates clarity, consistency, and widespread understanding among investors and analysts. Day-to-day, the Senior Vice President, Investor Relations will be in contact with the investing community, including current shareholders, potential shareholders, buy-side and sell-side analysts.
He/She/They serves as the primary liaison between management and investors and effectively communicates the company's position within the competitive landscape.
The candidate should be experienced in financial modeling and in-depth financial analysis. The position requires extensive financial background in investor relations, finance and accounting. Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Primary accountabilities include preparation, analysis and support for all investor communication such as quarterly press releases, analyst conference calls, investor conferences, investor presentations, ESG-related inquiries, roadshows and preparation of annual report. The successful candidate will analyze shareholders and develop marketing strategy for identifying and targeting potential new investors.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include all investor-related activities, which will include:
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive, proactive, strategic and measurable investor relations program that communicates the company's value proposition to its constituencies, including analysts, and shareholders.
- Devise and implement a targeting program that will broaden global shareholder ownership.
- Ability to analyze on a daily basis share price, volume, short positions, shareholder profile changes, and other trading dynamics.
- Active engagement with investors and potential investors to answer questions and proactively provide information necessary for their analysis.
- Serve as the company's information conduit and point of contact to the investor community. Develop and maintain strong relationships of trust and respect with analysts, investors, institutions, regulators, and rating agencies.
- Understand, monitor, and analyze financial models used by analysts to value and evaluate the company.
- Direct the positioning of the company's financial reporting activities, including the Form 10K, quarterly statements, and shareholder materials.
- Manage quarterly conference calls. Create and manage conference call key messages and talking points for senior management, prepare comprehensive Q&A, and follow up with investment community in a timely manner.
- Serve as an advisor and strategic resource to the CFO, CEO, and other senior leaders on issues involving the public distribution of financial, strategic and other material disclosures.
- Understand the company's shareholder mix and associated dynamics. Advise management regarding the impact of business strategies and initiatives on the shareholder base.
- Conduct competitive analysis, including the development of industry and peer company performance benchmarks. Inform, educate, and coach the senior leadership team regarding short-term and long-term dynamics of the investment and trading marketplaces and well as regulatory activities.
- Contribute to company's shareholder proxy solicitation process and annual shareholders meeting.
- Develop and manage company's investor relations section of the website.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $ 217,100 to $625,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 20 years of investor relations, finance, financial planning and analysis, accounting and/or investment banking experience. Multi-national experience is also important, while similar industry experience is preferred, experience supporting the objectives of a technology-driven company are highly desired. The ideal educational background is a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting. An MBA is also preferred. Basic Qualifications:
S&P Global Corporate
- Exceptionally strong financial and business analytical capabilities.
- BS/BA Degree + MBA, CFA or CPA, FMVA Certification.
- U.S. public company experience.
- Previous success in an IR or Equity Research role.
- Experience in Big Tech, E-commerce, or Social Media industries with proven success as they develop/create a new way of presenting the company to the investor community.
- Experience developing and leading investor days and conferences.
- Investor targeting capabilities.
- Experience working within a global and diverse business.
- Experience working through mergers, acquisitions, divestitures.
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to convert complex financial information into understandable text.
- Quick study. Polished. Confident.
- Flexible. Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- High energy. Strong work ethic. Self-motivated.
- Collaborative. Proactive. Anticipates needs.
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
101 - Executive (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC101 - Executive (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263567 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States