SVP - Senior Institutional Relationship Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
SVP - Senior Institutional Relationship Manager
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
SOUTH CENTRAL Territory
EAST COAST Territory
**There is flexibility on where the role will be based**
What is the US Institutional group responsible for?
Franklin Templeton's US Institutional team manages approximately $50 billion in AUM across the complete range of asset classes from equities to fixed income, including alternative investment options. Our client base consists primarily of defined benefit, defined contribution, endowment, foundation and Taft Hartley clients. The team is comprised of sales, relationship management, consultant relations and a dedicated defined contribution investment only (DCIO) subject matter expert team. Our primary mission is to build relationships with clients and prospects in order to offer investment strategies and solutions that will meet their goals and objectives.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Institutional Relationship Manager?
The Senior Institutional Relationship Manager (RM) will develop collaborative relationships with approximately 40 to 60 institutional clients located within one of two sales regions (South Central or East Coast). They will also be the primary lead on all client servicing, retention and cross selling efforts. The types of clients covered include: defined benefit, defined contribution, endowments, foundations, and insurance general accounts. The individual will work closely with the Head of Institutional Client Relations and members of the consultant relations team in the region to create and implement strategic plans for achieving these objectives.
The ideal team member will blend strong knowledge of the capital markets with outstanding interpersonal skills. We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter with prior institutional relationship management experience who is able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Client retention and cross selling
- Overseeing all servicing aspects of the client relationship.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the respective field consultants that our clients utilize to provide investment insights on our strategies.
- Being well versed and current on all significant global capital markets activity.
- Working with closely with the Head of Institutional Client Relations to support the initiatives for the US Institutional division and overseeing other special projects in the department as assigned.
What ideal qualifications would help someone be successful?
- A minimum of 12 years of investment experience in the institutional marketplace working directly with clients
- A quantifiable track record of success managing and building relationships
- Excellent communication skills and the ability the establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients and internal colleagues
- A willingness to travel (> 50% of the time)
- CFA designation or in process of obtaining designation
- FINRA Series 7, 63, & 3 licenses
- Bachelor's degree or graduate degree in finance and investments
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.