SVP - Manager - Workplace Services
This is a challenging leadership position within Infrastructure Services. The IT departments support over 10,000+ employees across 70+ offices using several hundred applications running out of several public and private cloud data centers. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, core infrastructure, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting environments. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable an increase in the use of collaborative technologies and cloud-based services adoption.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This role will serve as the head of Workplace Services, reporting into the head of Infrastructure Services. This is a management role, with focus on designing and deploying end user technologies and services, working in conjunction with engineering leads and business partners. In addition, the ability to create a culture and mindset that promotes what a good end user experience looks and feels like is paramount. This role will also be responsible for ensuring the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the support teams, including improvements in operational stability and reducing operational risk and operational expenses.
Below are some core responsibilities of this role: Dedicated focus on the management and governance for the following key End User Technologies:
- Collaboration & Messaging - O365, Zoom, Jabber, Slack, etc
- Desktop - Both virtual & physical, including on prem and cloud
- A/V & Events Planning
- Deskside and Help Desk Support
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for designing and implementing end user technologies
- Drive a culture of automation first ensuring all requests and changes are implemented via end to end automation
- Ongoing product lifecycle and design
- Partner with system Architects/Engineers on end-to-end designs
- Obtain end user requirements and negotiate delivery expectations
- Keep abreast of market trends, available technologies, vendor roadmaps, etc
- Ensure products are Infrastructure Ready and Operationally Ready (IR & OR)
- Establish product operating models
- Oversight of the operational support teams
- Internal and external collaboration
- Establish key business relationships
- Liaise with vendor partners
- Guide the service review process to drive continuous service improvement
- Develop knowledge and deep understanding of the end user experience
- Measure all the factors that form the customer experience through various KPIs
- Help to drive better customer interactions and enhance the overall business performance ensuring an optimal experience
- Understand the budget and identify opportunities for short and long term efficiencies with cost reductions
- Make decisions and drive results that positively impact (reduce) operational costs.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study. Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience with managing large-scale End User Technology deployments across multiple offices, Datacenters, Cloud spanning all global regions
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Platform - Expertise Operating System layer for Windows, Linux, Unix, Mobile Platforms
- Networking - Expertise LAN, WAN, Voice, Audio
- Infrastructure Applications - Expertise AD, DNS, Messaging, Citrix, etc.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.