SRE Database Engineer
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Team:
This team is part of the global Application Operations and Infrastructure group that provides production support to Ratings Applications. These applications are critical for the analysts who drive the business through their actions. Team is responsible for the high availability and resiliency of these applications. The Impact:
As part of global team of engineers, provide production support for Tier-1 business critical applications. Troubleshoot application related issues and work with infrastructure & Database team to triage Major Incidents. Contribute to delivery of innovative and continuous highly reliable technology services. Strong focus towards developing shared integration services with automation and cloud enablement, guide the team to design technical solutions. Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers working from India, Denver, New York and London to help advance our technology. What's in it for you:
Ability to lead and build a world class Database Engineering group.
Highly technical hands-on role which will help enhance team skills.
Work on Tier-1 applications that are in the critical path for the business.
Ability to work on cutting edge technologies such as Oracle, Cloud (AWS, AZURE) and Ansible.
Ability to grow within the organization that's part of the global team. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for supporting multiple applications.
- Ability to communicate well and manage multiple initiatives with multiple engineers potentially across multiple time zones.
- Work with team on shift schedules and resolve conflicts within the team.
- Design and implement technical solutions in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Ability to support/resolve infrastructure related issues as required.
- Experience with troubleshooting Production log files and performance issues
- Identify, track and resolve project risks/issues using best practice problem-solving techniques
- Ability to negotiate and allocate resources appropriately for support and deployments activities
- As part of global team of engineers, deliver innovative and continuous highly reliable technology services.
- Strong focus towards developing shared integration services with automation and cloud enablement, guide the team to design technical solutions.
- Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers working from India, Denver, New York & London to help advance our technology.
- Involvement in Architecture and Development design reviews for new implementation and integration projects.
- Troubleshoot application related issues and work with infrastructure team to triage Major Incidents.
- Experience in analyzing/researching solutions and developing/implementing recommendations accordingly.
- Work with business users to understand needs, issues, develop root cause analysis and work with the team for the development of solutions and enhancements.
- 10+ Years of experience in Database Operations of Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL, MySQL including database administration, performance and application issues.
- Bachelor / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- In-depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL, NoSQL Databases architecture.
- Extensive Knowledge on Migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL and Knowledge on Migration Tools (e.g. Edb, Ispirer).
- Administration of PostgreSQL & NoSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, NoSQL using different tools.
- Manage & Automate backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL & NoSQL environment.
- Install/upgrade Oracle DBMS software, create databases, Design OS and Storage requirements.
- Maintain IT infrastructure including Server hardware, VMware environment, data storage, switching and routing, backups.
- Hands-on working experience in Data modelling, Performance Tuning, Data Archiving, technical design/coding, Backup/Restore and HA & DR implementation.
- Ability to architect high availability application and servers on cloud adhering best practices.
- Proactive & Reactive Troubleshooting and resolve System contention and Performance
- Monitor and Manage Golden Gate replication.
- Database refreshes, Data masking, Data integration & security with encryption.
- Database Change Management, Code governance & ensure best practices are followed.
- Perform Root Cause analysis for issues and address them timely.
- Investigate and resolve issues, Identify bottlenecks and address performance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable applications
- Proven experience in successfully leading large scale migrations, redesign and uplift of operating resiliency programs
- Experience in technology support infrastructure and processes, working closely with key partners and stakeholders to determine and meet multiple business objectives around business continuity and resiliency
- Experience in application & data architecture, system design, algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Experience working in Agile software product development.
- Experience working with stakeholders and collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to perform technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, databases and storage configuration
- Knowledge of storage Platform Technologies (SAN/NAS) including Hardware & Software
- Python, Ansible and Unix Shell Scripting
- Familiar with Data Mining & Machine Learning concepts.
- Hands on experience in Multi Cloud Operations is a big plus
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 to $155,900 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company:
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261365 Posted On:
Virtual, New York, United States