SRE - Enterprise Public Clouds
The Enterprise Public Clouds SRE team is responsible for bringing Bloomberg's first-class Enterprise products to The Cloud. We are building fully automated and scalable infrastructure in top cloud providers in order to better serve our customers and handle dynamic and shifting load on our services. We are responsible for working with various application teams to understand their products' use cases and requirements in expanding to the cloud, and working with central cloud management teams to discover and implement best practices around security and scalability. We maintain cloud infrastructure with provisioning, monitoring, configuring, and scaling resources on public clouds. Our work is critical to enabling our customers to migrate to the public cloud, as well as opening up the door for new and innovative products in the Enterprise space leveraging everything cloud providers have to offer. Who are you?
You're someone who is passionate about building systems that impact teams across a large organization. You're excited about setting and developing best practices, finding the best tool(s) for the job, and building an inclusive and high performing team culture. As an SRE on our team, you'll be contributing to the success of our enterprise products by using your expertise to ensure our system exceeds the high reliability expectations set by your fellow engineering teams, as well as provide the highest value to our product counterparts. We'll Trust You To
You'll Need to Have
- Design and develop infrastructure solutions that support compute or data heavy workloads
- Produce tooling and monitoring that enables our team to scale to support many application groups, deploying to many public vendors
- Define and measure reliability of a service that exists in the cloud, and enable application developers to do the same for their applications in the cloud
- Work with internal stakeholders and real-time component teams to drive solutions to completion
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a software engineer or SRE role
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages including some understanding of Python, Ruby, or Go
- Proficiency in provisioning/configuration management tooling, such as Terraform, Chef, or Salt
- Experience with CI/CD technologies is a plus
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.