SQL SME / Technical Writer
Subject Matter Expert / Technical Writer, Data and Analytics Solutions
Data Vault Location:
NY, NJ, MA Summary:
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world's most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
We are seeking someone who can become our Subject Matter Expert of a newly created SQL-like language. This is a multi-faceted role including both technical query writing and documentation / user guide creation.
• Creates and proofs language queries, providing interactive assistance as needed
• Develops written documentation, user guides, help screens and marketing materials
• Writes, edits and modifies systems documentation, user manuals, training courses, technical reports, translates technical data into well thought out, comprehensive documents
• Works with user and development areas to collect and understand data and policies. Effectively translates highly complex technical procedures into easily comprehensible documentation. Employing excellent project management skills, orchestrates, coordinates large documentation projects to ensure accuracy, consistency, completeness and delivery within the specified project deadline. Provides consultative assistance, working with internal product managers, subject matter experts, and business units to determine the best materials to effectively enhance the user's experience on the most complex products or services
• Enlisting top user experience techniques, demonstrates and incorporates empathetic elements into the user documentation in a continual effort to improve and enhance the user's overall learning experience.
• Proficient in SQL programming language
• Bachelor's degree in English or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience systems documentation required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in English or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience systems documentation required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: