SQL Database Developer
OPIS, part of IHS Markit, is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible. YOUR ROLE
We are looking for a Database Developer that will design, develop and maintain database architecture and code initiatives supporting internal and third-party software solutions, delivering excellent products in scope and on time, and meeting current and long-term business needs for the business area. Participate in a team of motivated, driven, high-energy developers, building trust and confidence with team members and business stakeholders.
• Work closely with project teams, bringing together development and database leads
• Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
• Be part of an Agile team, using company's latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
• Maintain the existing legacy applications
• Conduct SQL Code Reviews
• Train and mentor junior level DB developers
• Track down and resolve bugs ABOUT YOU
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years database developer experience (SQL Server or equivalent)
• Ability to create data models for the integration of multiple systems
• Understanding of modern Cloud architectures
• Ability to create and maintain stored procedures
• Ability to write SQL queries and statements to explore source data and data issues
• Creating automation of manual tasks
• Must speak and write in English fluently
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of SDLC, Agile methodology and/or SCRUM
• Experience working with scripts under source control (TFS, git, svn)
• Experience being part of an continuous integration and deployment process
• Experience using database monitoring tools (like tools from SolarWinds or RedGate) WHAT WE OFFER
• Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
• Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
• Access to the most interesting information technologies
• Flexible Working Hours
• Work from home
• Three days for charity/volunteering
• Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
• Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
• New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.