SPG Desk Strategist
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 24 Sep 17
SPG Desk Strategist
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professionals trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
High Performance Developer:
The Securitized Products Group (SPG) is seeking a highly talented and motivated desk strategist with 1-3 years of experience. The candidate will be working on development of trading tools for the desk, analytics, risk management, as well as maintenance of existing securitized products systems in a fast paced, real-time trading environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related discipline
• Knowledge of high-level OOP language (e.g. C++/Java/C#) as well as Perl
• Ability to multi-task between multiple projects and work independently
• Familiarity with software design patterns and rapid application development
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong self-motivation
• MS in CompSci or MFE or related discipline
• Working Knowledge of Q/KDB
• Working Knowledge of HTML5 and web development
• Working Knowledge of shell scripting and Unix environments