SM&D Equities Trading Analytics Quant
As a Barclays Equities Trading Analytics Quant, you will work as part of the Execution Research and Consulting team and drive enhancements in our Barx Analytics suite of offerings and engage in activities that support the client execution consulting function. Barx Analytics is a new portal that Barclays is investing in to developing. The suite encompasses our risk models, market impact models, single stock, and portfolio analytic tools, among other offerings.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Driving enhancements in our Barx Analytics suite of offerings in collaboration with technology
- Acting as an evangelist for the use of Barx Analytics portal both internally and externally
- Working with sales, clients, and other users in SM&D to gather product requirements
- Owning and driving the evolution of our data platform
- Engaging with clients to improve their execution quality and conduct bespoke analysis
- Assisting in designing and tuning algorithmic trading strategies to improve performance
- Representing the Barclays brand and participate in client meetings
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D in a quantitative discipline such as Maths, Finance, Econometrics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning/AI, Econometrics, Physics
- Extensive practical knowledge of statistical methodologies and experience with equity trading algorithms
- Working knowledge of market microstructure for US markets
- Working knowledge of programming languages - Python and PySpark and experience with handling/analyzing large amounts of tick data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with algorithmic trading strategies
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.