SM&D Algo Reliability Engineering
As a Barclays Algo Reliability Engineer, you will help develop strategy, design and implement an infrastructure that is closely coupled with the execution environment, and processes that deal with the unique challenges posed by testing and simulation of trading algorithms. Y ou will play a critical role in building algorithms and model based business logic used in electronic trading in Markets.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Designing and delivering testing functionality (requirements gathering, specification, design, development, deployment)
- Identifying re-use and improvement opportunities of existing infrastructure
- Helping to develop cloud based calibration and back-testing frameworks, while working closely with Algo owners
- Liaising with Statistical Modelling and Development developers to understand the existing algo functionality
- You will be proactively identifying problems and issues and finding resolutions of them
- Communicating and interacting with clients about portfolio transactions
- Designing the right modern infrastructure to tackle the unique challenges of testing, back-testing and simulation algorithms for electronic trading
- Building innovative tech solutions that will enable our testing to become both better and easier and hence support the growth of algorithmic trading.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Mathematics
- JVM multi-threading concurrent, Fork/ Join, lock-free data structures
- Proven programming skills (e.g Java development in a shared codebase and tools)
- Previous experience of using build tools (e.g. maven or equivalent)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Curiosity about modern tech ideas and practices and technological ways to make things better
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details. About Barclays
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group. Our Values
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it. Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.