SFA- Financial Control CPM
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
SFA- Financial Control CPM
The Counterparty Portfolio Management (CPM) finance team is part of the GBAM CFO organization. The CPM desk manages XVA on Global Markets derivative portfolio, this consist of CVA (counterparty credit), DVA (own credit), FVA (funding), KVA (capital), and any other related future pricing components on the derivative portfolio. This role involves assisting the business in implementation of new initiatives/projects related to valuation/pricing of XVA components. Position includes review of upcoming regulatory changes (UMR, FRTB, etc) and market practice changes (migration to central clearing, etc) as they impact derivative valuation and revenue recognition.
The primary focus of our team is to
1) review valuations and perform price testing on XVA portfolio
2) review and analyze the P&L and risk drivers
3) review the month end close and perform quarterly disclosures related to XVA
4) determine revenue recognition and new deal analysis along with interacting with other finance groups to understand XVA impact on new deals
Our business partners include the XVA trading desk. Key priorities for our team are ensuring the financial controls are in place for the XVA trading desk, provide feedback to the desk on price testing, valuation adjustments and daily, weekly and monthly PnL events, review the effectiveness of hedging and reviewing impact on new deals. The teammate in this role will see firsthand how current and future market and regulatory changes impact derivative pricing and valuations. In addition, the individual will actively involved in discussions/process of XVA valuation changes in a dynamic environment
The candidate will work within the FVA (Funding Valuation Adjustment) Product Control team and will need to build a strong relationship with the business and other support functions. Strong communication skills, and a technical background in Global markets trading businesses, preferably XVA related.
The role will include the following:
- Assist in the production of Daily, Weekly and Monthly P&L reports
- Assist in the production of monthly price testing/valuation reports
- Engage in various Front Office driven initiatives
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly close process
- Partner closely with Front Office, Operations and Technology to define business processes and implement related technology solutions.
- Candidate will be involved with complex issues that impact multiple lines of business.
- Communication skills will be heavily utilized through working with the many stakeholders involved with implementation
- Risk and Issue identification, Management, and resolution.
- Expert Excel knowledge, financial products knowledge, accounting knowledge, the ability to analyze, reconcile, and interpret large amounts of data, strong detail orientation, the ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task, excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- BA/BS Degree Finance and/or Accounting.
- Comfort working with complex Financial Products.
- 2-5 years of experience with CPM
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, technical fluency, with ability to learn new systems quickly, ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements.
- Ability to work in a team environment, the ability to adapt and take ownership of change, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Modeling, Data Manipulation
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: