SEC Reporting Vice President
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 20 Oct 18
SEC Reporting Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The key responsibility of Morgan Stanley's SEC Reporting Group (SRG) is the production of consolidated financial reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q (10K/Q) which are submitted to the SEC on a quarterly basis. This key leadership position in SRG is one of two direct reports to the head of the department and plays a critical role in the team's success.
Responsibilities of the SRG Vice President position include:
· Building and maintaining key relationships with Segment Finance leadership, Treasury, Risk Management, and Legal in order to facilitate the flow of information across departments and ensure 10K/Q disclosures are up to date and fully reflective of changes in the businesses.
· Analyzing financial trends and leading the process to translate data into robust qualitative commentary in SEC filings.
· Primary authorship of various portions of the 10Q/K including: the Institutional Securities, Wealth Management or Investment Management segment results sections; the Liquidity and Capital Resources and Risk Management sections; and the Financial Statement footnotes, among others.
· Ensuring that assigned sections of filings are project managed closely; completed and reviewed timely, and subject to strong internal controls.
· Driving various SRG priorities, including playing a vocal role in continuously improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our processes.
· Performing and presenting technical GAAP and SEC requirements research, new disclosures and SRG projects to senior Finance management on an ad hoc basis.
· Background in Accounting and/or the Financial Services industry, including knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as they relate to disclosures and SEC reporting rules.
· Strong analytical, communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
· Experience in an SEC reporting role or a public accounting background is a plus.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of various SEC Reporting software and extensible business reporting language (XBRL) are a plus but not required. *LI-ND1