SBL Solutions / Pipeline Management and Recruit Support - Assistant Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services leader with three core businesses - Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Investment Management. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management ("MSWM") is a market leader in delivering comprehensive financial planning advice and related services, including investment management, brokerage, lending, deposits and cash management through our network of 15,000 Financial Advisors, E*TRADE for self-directed investors, and to employers and their employees through Morgan Stanley at Work.
MSWM's Private Banking Group ("PBG") offers a variety of lending, deposit, and cash management solutions such as securities-based loans, home loans, and cash management accounts. PBG is responsible for developing, launching and managing innovative banking and lending services tailored for Wealth Management clients through its US Bank entities: Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association ("MSPBNA"), Morgan Stanley Bank, N.A. ("MSPBNA"), and E*TRADE Bank ("ETB").
High Net Worth Lending ("HNW Lending") within the PBG is focused on managing, developing and growing the Securities Based Lending "SBL" business within Morgan Stanley. SBL provides MSWM clients with liquidity solutions by allowing clients to borrow against the value of eligible collateral held in their MSWM account.
We are seeking a high potential SBL transaction pipeline specialist that has a comprehensive understanding of the SBL loan application process and can coordinate and support transactions across all stakeholders in the process (e.g. Financial Advisors, Private Bankers, Operations, Legal, Credit, etc.) This individual will be primarily responsible for those transactions with (1) urgent funding needs and (2) new loan payoffs associated with FA and client recruits. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Qualifications (REQUIRED):
- Manage daily transactions that require urgent funding to ensure they are booked and funded in time
- Partner with PBG Sales & MSWM to identify recruit advisors to determine onboarding schedule, coordination, and loan prioritization
- Gain confidence of the Firm partners and become Subject Matter Expert (SME) in SBL transactions and process flows
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure transactions requiring urgent funding and complex structures are routed and completed by the appropriate areas in a timely fashion without escalation
- Provide best in class service and support to Private Bankers, Financial Advisors, and Service Professionals
- Identify gaps to customer experience, translate them to actionable projects, and deliver on enhancements
- Identify training opportunities and d evelop material to increase product awareness and understanding
- Use data to analyze business trends, create reports, presentations, and other materials for management
- Additional responsibilities as required by management
- Minimum 2 years of banking/finance industry experience.
- BA or BS degree
Skills / Abilities
- Minimum 4 years of banking/finance industry experience
- Customer support and operations background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Extraordinary client service aptitude.
- Problem solving. Demonstrate creativity and thoughtful solutions in framing private banking transactions
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and manage expectations
- Detail orientation with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office especially Excel. Tableau/Access/Sharepoint skills a plus.