- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
SAP Implementation Manager
Location: New York, NY, USA
The Financial System team within Moody's Financial Planning and Analysis team is seeking a candidate to fill its manager role to support the EPM system. The ideal candidate will oversee the end-to-end operational support under the Hyperion Essbase and Planning platform. S/he will work on M&E development and engage in projects to transform the legacy EPM system to a new one such as SAP suite.
The manager position is a critical role for the team as the person will be responsible for operational efficiency ensuring smooth system execution during the forecasting and budgeting cycles. The role will partner with the Application Support Team on resolving production incidents, delivering business requests, ensuring data accuracy, and providing timely system communications to the business users.
The individual will also interface directly with business leaders and IT partners to lead and/or support key initiatives to automate and streamline business process for increasing production efficiency and effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have a strong functional experience with leading EPM systems such as Hyperion and SAP and in a production lead role.
The position has growth potential where the candidate may manage her/his own team in the future given the growing user community.
This individual will:
- Collaborate with business leaders and IT counterparts to drive process and system improvements for the FP&A team reporting capabilities using the leading EPM systems.
- Partner with the Application Support Team to ensure daily operational activities under the Hyperion platform are carried out in the most efficient manner.
- Lead the transition of the legacy Hyperion platform to a new one in a near term
- Provide guidance and serve as point of escalation for complex data and system issues and formulate plan to analyze, identify, test and resolve operational issues with the team.
- Oversee annual budget and quarterly forecasts process to ensure the system process is smooth and well-supported.
- Be available outside of the regular business hours during critical periods such as quarterly forecast, annual budget, major production incidents, M&E or project deployments.
- Retain and supply supporting documents to verify data integrity to Internal and External Audit teams.
- Enhance system training programs and conduct training sessions to global business users.
- Ability to work with various departments to challenge existing system, data and reporting processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete projects following IT's project life cycle policy; coordinate with various departments to meet project milestones and deliverables.
- Interact with business users to gather enhancement requirements and conduct thorough testing to ensure design is optimal and meets business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications document to be used by the IT developers.
- Act as functional expert to challenge soundness of technical design and resource effort.
- Empower users to leverage existing tools to be self-reliant and keep them engaged in system activities.
- Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Management Information Systems
- 3+years of experience in business analysis and/or project management for IT related projects/implementation of leading EPM systems supporting budgeting, forecasting or related fields
- Experience in SDLC and other project methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server, SQL and\\or Microsoft Analysis Services
- Experience with desktop applications including Access, VBA and advanced Excel spreadsheet skills such as pivot tables
- Well-developed problem-solving capabilities and strong organizational skills
- Have a good understanding of FP&A and Accounting processes and how it integrates with other areas in the organization
- Technical experience with Hyperion Essbase and Planning a plus
- Technical experience with SAP BPC a plus
- Exceptional inter-personal skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.