- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Risk and Control Program Manager
Risk and Control Program Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United States,New Jersey,Rutherford
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19012530
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The mission of the Operations and Technology Risk and Controls (OTRC) organization in Citi is to support the identification, assessment, and management/mitigation of risk across O&T related to franchise, reputational, and operational risk.
The Program Group Manager is accountable for the management of the program management function across the O&T Risk and Control organization. Requires a comprehensive understanding of the multiple facets of program management and how they interact in order to achieve objectives. Defines, deploys, and manages compliance to organizational PM procedures Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of program and project management services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Applies in-depth understanding of the impact of technical implementations on businesses. Key businesses include risk and control, continuity of business, compliance, data privacy, and information security. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Leads and directs a team of program and project management professionals. . Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations, and budget approval.
• Supports planning, directing, coordination and support of the day-to-day activities of running a portfolio of programs.
• Ensures compliance with Citi Program and Project Management policy
• Applies comprehensive understanding of program management concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
• Ensures creation and signoff of program plan and charter user acceptance plan, and central program risk and issue logs.
• Ensures program plans meet business needs as described in the program initiation documents.
• Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities.
• Ensures stakeholders understand the program schedule and key milestones.
• Ensures program stakeholders receive schedule status regularly.
• Ensures funding has been approved for the program.
• Ensures all areas of the program are appropriately staffed.
• Ensures program commitment from those assigning resources.
• Escalates program risks to the Program Director, or Program Sponsor, when appropriate.
• Ensures vendor performance is monitored and actions taken if performance warrants.
• Maintains appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
• Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions
• 10+ years of experience managing complex projects/programs in a matrixed environment supporting multiple stakeholders; 5 years of experience managing a team of professionals supporting large scale project/programs
• Risk management and or control experience in the following disciplines: Information security, continuity of business, data privacy, change/incident management and/or application development within the financial/banking industry a plus.
• Good interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
• High competency in written and oral communication
• Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills
• Ability to handle pressure and prioritize workload
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Masters degree is preferred
• PMP is a plus