Risk and Control Analyst
Risk and Control Analyst Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 or 11 The Location:
55 Water Street, New York The Impact:
The Risk & Internal Control Support position performs various development, deployment and reporting activities to support Global Rating Services' Risk & Internal Control Structure. Key responsibilities include the design and the global rollout of enhanced internal control processes within the organization and preparing periodic internal and external reporting on the effectiveness of the internal control structure. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Leads the effort to define standards and implement enhanced internal control processes across S&P Global Ratings, including periodic controls assessment, integration with risk assessment, continuous monitoring and testing and sufficiency of internal control resources.
- Drives process enhancements through the global organization to ensure alignment to S&P Global Ratings Internal Control Structure. For example, alignment of self-identified and independent review findings to the Risk and Control Framework and periodic assessments.
- Prepares regular reporting on the effectiveness of the internal control structure to the Risk Committee, Audit Committee and the various Board of Directors.
- Prepares annual reporting on the effectiveness of the internal control structure to the SEC and other applicable regulators.
- Monitors the remediation of internal control deficiencies.
- Supports requests for information from management and/or the Regulators on internal control activities.
Candidates must have 5+ years of relevant experience and have the following skills in addition to other relevant experience:
- Experience implementing effective internal control structures, including knowledge of best practices in internal control
- Proven complex multi-functional business process design experience using best practices methods and tools
- Working knowledge of Operational Risk Management within a financial institution and how controls mitigate risk
- Knowledge of Credit Rating Agencies a plus
About S&P Global Ratings
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of professional experience
- Experienced in the design of a multitude of diverse risk and control processes
- Works independently to drive the design and implementation of pragmatic processes to support our internal control structure
- Strong attention to detail in analysis and design activities
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate clearly with constituents
- Reporting (particularly to the Regulators) produced on the effectiveness of the internal control structure is in near finished form and requires limited revisions. Experience writing reports on the effectiveness of processes and controls to the Regulators
- Builds effective relationships with a proven record of building trust and credibility
- Effectively delivers and influences others on differing points of view on internal control
- Identifies valuable improvements to internal control activities conducted on a global basis
- Acts effectively as a change agent for the risk and control culture within the organization
- Establishes strong effective, collaborative relationships with all areas within the firm
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RSKMGT202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260070 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States