Risk Reporting and Analysis
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 17 Oct 18
Risk Reporting and Analysis
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Firm Risk Management provides independent market, credit, liquidity and operational risk oversight across the Firm's trading and investment activities. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties. Risk analysis and reporting is consumed by management and regulators, so timeliness, diligence, and accuracy are critical.
Background on the Position
Morgan Stanley seeks a professional for a multi-disciplined Risk Reporting function for the Firm Risk Management department. The individual will cover a diverse range of responsibilities related to the management of investment and trading risk information for the Firm across all asset classes. To be successful, candidates will need to have a relevant educational background (economics, finance, mathematics and statistics), a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work independently on a multidisciplinary, multi-regional team. Information processed in the department is confidential and thus the candidate must demonstrate integrity.
· D evelop, implement and maintain risk reports covering fixed income, commodity and equity trading activities as well as loans and wealth management for senior management and risk managers
· Collaborate with desk risk management to analyze exposure drivers and prepare supporting information to back conclusions
· Perform trend and variance analysis on risk sensitivities, exposures and VAR
· Manage ad-hoc requests from senior management to ensure timely and accurate responses
· Review and prepare responses to requests from regulators and internal auditors
· Evaluate existing reporting processes to identify potential areas for improvement
· L iaise with other groups within the firm on cross-functional projects
· 0-5 years working experience in a risk, financial reporting or front-office trading function.
· Academic achievement in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, science or engineering is preferable.
· Higher degrees or other qualifications related to any of the above areas will be advantageous.
· Proficiency with technology, particularly VBA and databases/SQL is a plus.