Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Risk division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of decisions making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from enterprise risk management to risk and finance reporting and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities.
The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfill our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and ambitious environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
The Model Risk Management (MRM) team has a mandate to validate the Bank's business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally to identify, measure, and manage model risk across Credit Suisse. The team is established in London, Zurich, Mumbai, Singapore, New York, Warsaw and now Raleigh.
As a senior member of the MRM validation team you will get exposure to modeling in a wide variety of risk areas such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk etc. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the team's broader model risk scope also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management. Role Description:
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Direct a team of junior model professionals, providing them mentorship on specific projects as well as their developments.
- Review, verify and validate a large variety of models for theoretical soundness.
- Test model craft and identify model weaknesses, ensuring ongoing monitoring as well as chip in the firm-wide model risk and control assessment.
- Keep comprehensive documentations of your work.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- At least 3 years of related equivalent experience in industry!
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, and Finance/Economics. Applicants with Ph.D. degrees and fewer years of experience may be considered!
- Outstanding knowledge in financial modeling and model validation and can demonstrate In-depth understanding of capital modeling, financial and derivative products and mathematics.
- Ability to communicate optimally with business partners and to present complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
- Do you possess ability to manage a team of professionals?
- Analytical and computational skills in addition to a strong understanding of qualitative methodologies.
- Bring strong presentation and collaboration skills with the ability to work within a distributed team
- Programming experience of software applications such as R, Matlab, SQL and SAS
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.