Risk Manager, Risk Management and Control
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half - US
- 15 Feb 19
The Risk Manager will support the US CRO in maintaining second line oversight of risk management in the banks' operations. This entails overseeing all areas of US risk including, but not limited to, market, credit, operational, and liquidity risks. The Senior Risk Manager will support the CRO in ensuring the risk management frameworks, and any additional local regulatory requirements, are effectively implemented in each risk area.
- Acting as secretary for the US Risk Committee, a sub-committee of the GEM Risk Committee. Managing agenda, materials, minutes, scheduling etc.
- Organize monthly risk reporting to Group Risk Management on the NY Branch’s risks and risk management processes, collecting, assessing and synthesizing input from stakeholders and preparing presentation material for GEM/Board.
- Participating in projects and QRAs as a second line of defense Operational Risk Officer. Maintain close contact with Group Operational Risk and assist in ensuring that the Group’s operational risk framework is effectively implemented.
- Undertake ad-hoc analysis and assurance work to identify and analyze any uncovered risks or implementation gaps
- Assist the US CRO in monitoring the mitigation or remediation of any identified risk or implementation gaps
- Assist in reviewing, updating and enhancing local risk management policies and procedures
- Participate in relevant New York business and risk committees (eg Operational Risk Committee, Treasury Committee, Information Security Committee etc.)
- Keep abreast of US and EU regulatory requirements for FBOs. Conduct analysis of new US regulatory proposals.
- Sound understanding of risk management concepts, measures, and regulatory frameworks.
- Detailed knowledge of the three lines of defense model, and regulatory expectations of risk governance in a bank.
- At least five years’ experience working in a control, supervisory or risk management role within a regulated financial institution. Prior experience in managing and applying operational risk frameworks would be an advantage.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to write clear and incisive briefing materials for committees and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English, and the ability to communicate and challenge effectively at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to influence and effect change, in a second line of defense role.
- Eagerness and ability to learn about unfamiliar risk management areas, and to apply new risk management concepts and tools in your work
Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject. Master’s degree in economics, finance or risk management preferred.