- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Risk Frameworks, Senior Vice President
Risk Frameworks, Senior Vice President
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19013019
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Citi. The Risk Governance group is divided into 7 areas: 1) Risk Frameworks & Identification 2) Risk Policies 3) Product Approval Framework 4) Risk Controls and Issue Management 5) Regulatory Affairs, Governance Committees & Quality Assurance 6) Strategic Analysis & Cross-Risk Initiatives and 7) Risk Headcount and Budget Management.
As part of this function, the Risk Frameworks & Identification team is responsible for managing the firm's risk governance framework, risk appetite frameworks, and risk identification program to support a clear and consistent articulation of the firm's risk appetite, appropriate capture of material risks facing the firm, and integration of both with the firm's day-to-day risk management practices to ensure those risks are managed, monitored, and controlled.
The current opening is for a Senior Vice President level candidate to join the Risk Frameworks team. The objective of the role is to support the enhancement of the firm's Risk Frameworks, which includes the risk appetite framework, the risk governance framework, and associated Board-level reporting. These enhancements are contribute to the success of the broader team's mandate to deliver best-in-class risk governance programs and processes.
- Work with team members to deliver annual updates of the firm's risk frameworks and quarterly risk appetite Board-level reporting, which will include working with senior management in business and risk stakeholders to ensure content is updated and reviewed and challenged.
- Drive enhancements to risk frameworks, which include refining key risk metrics and the linkage to various limit structures, building on existing dashboard reporting for senior management and Board-level reporting, and extending the linkages between risk appetite and the firm's strategic planning and risk identification processes.
- Participate in projects related to the digitization of aspects of risk appetite by specifying user requirements and performing user acceptance testing for process enhancements and reporting needs.
- Design, implement, and execute controls to ensure process robustness and reliability and ensure comprehensive documentation is up to date for all processes.
- Support regulatory and audit reviews at various levels, including preparation of executive presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of some of the highest profile strategic initiatives for Risk and the firm, mandated by the Board, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Risk Management Executive Council. They will have exposure to regulators, senior management and subject matter experts across businesses and functions. Finally, they will be able to broaden their base of existing knowledge or experience in Citi's businesses or in managing various risk types.
- 8+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in a role that requires superior problem solving, analytical thinking / capabilities and excellent oral / written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge in the principles of credit, market, liquidity, strategic, operational and compliance, and / or reputational risks
- Understanding of Citi's businesses and products and their risk / return profiles across multiple geographies (otherwise, candidate needs to demonstrate extreme ability to develop understanding of business models)
- Proven ability to think critically and desire to innovate, drive change, and challenge the status quo
- Previous experience managing complex firm-wide projects with proven success
- Experience interacting with Regulators and Internal Audit
- Exceptional writing skills, with ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate into effective presentations to senior audiences
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work under pressure will be critical
- Autonomous and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task productively and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Undergraduate / Master's degree(s) with an analytical focus (e.g. finance, economics, engineering, mathematics etc.).