The Human Resources Team is responsible for ensuring that Schroders maximizes its investment in people. It does this by developing and implementing initiatives, policies, and practices that attract, develop, and retain high-quality employees to achieve business objectives in line with our values and business strategy. As part of the US HR team, the Reward and Wellbeing Manager will support the US employees across all payroll, compensation and benefits related matters. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing employee queries relating to benefits and payroll while conforming to local and federal labor laws. In time, the geographical scope may extend to Latin America for the purposes of wellbeing strategy.
The Reward and Wellbeing Manager is client service-oriented, with an ability to multi task, manage multiple workstreams and adapt to changing priorities within a dynamic, face paced business The position will manage one direct report, the Payroll and Benefits Advisor. Responsibilities
- Process and reconcile payroll on a semi-monthly basis. Oversee the process and the input of the Payroll and Benefits Adviser;
- Liaise with ADP on payroll related issues;
- Create, revise, and maintain payroll control procedures and practices with best industry practice;
- Prepare ad hoc reports, i.e., Cost allocation and special pay reports for the Finance & Compensation team in the UK;
- Process and reconcile deferred award payments;
- Recommend process improvements and opportunities for automation when the opportunity arises.
- Oversee the U.S.-based employee benefit programs, including the 401k plan, health and wellness plans, as well as any other benefit that will enhance the broader employee value proposition and our stated strategy on employee wellbeing;
- Analyze benefit plans and costs and recommend improvements and new programs;
- Oversee the Annual Benefits Open Enrolment, including employee communications, wellness fairs and informational meetings;
- Oversee the annual 401k audit in collaboration with the Third Party Administrator.
- Manage the Payroll and Benefits Adviser;
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, ensure adequate oversight is in place for payroll and benefit vendors;
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, ensure processes for capturing remote and interstate workers are robust to ensure compliance with our tax withholding requirements;
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, provide information and guidance to the Retirement Planning Committee.
- Extensive payroll and benefit experience, ideally within a global business;
- Experience working within financial services;
- Strong client service ethos and mindset and willing to provide a high touch service to employees
- Innovative approach to engage employees with wellness initiatives;
- Knowledge of key Human Resources concepts as well as federal and state employment regulations;
- Experienced in vendor relationship management;
- ADP experience (or similar system);
- Exposure and knowledge of key Human Resources audits and procedures;
- Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to tailor messages to different audiences;
- Management experience;
- Promote a collaborative team environment, and contribute positively to the culture of the HR team;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and Oracle (or similar HRIS)
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, and a team player.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.