Retirement Product and Strategy Associate
Description About this role About our business
In the Retirement Group (RG), we're on the frontlines of America's retirement crisis, leveraging our unique capabilities to make it easier for people to save through their employers' workplace savings plan.
We're a tight-knit group of about 100 BlackRock-ers who believe that everyone should be able to retire with dignity. Here's what makes us tick:
About the role
- We put our clients first : RG brings together the Defined Contribution (DC) and Retirement Insurance (RI) businesses, overseeing more than $1T in AUM. Serving 65K+ DC plans, including over 50% of the Fortune 100, we ultimately reach more than 35M participants across the U.S. and Canada.
- We set big, audacious goals : As the industry's #1 DCIO provider and the inventor of the target date fund, we lead the industry - and we're constantly raising the bar to drive better outcomes for our clients and pave the way for the next generation of retirement solutions.
- We run after problems : We're tackling the industry's toughest challenges by building innovative, research-supported solutions that combine investments with technology to get people to and through retirement.
- We get stuff done : We partner across the firm and the broader retirement ecosystem to deliver simple, convenient, cost-efficient solutions, and we publicly advocate for policies that make it easier for more people to save for both the near- and long-term.
- We're career builders : Alongside our business objectives, we are deeply committed to developing our talent and actively maintain and engage our RG Talent Committee, RG People & Culture Committee and Women in RG. Together, these groups shape our team culture - with an emphasis on inclusion and diversity.
The Retirement Group's Product and Strategy team is seeking to hire an experienced investment management specialist to accelerate the pace of our already fast-growing business. This person will partner with BlackRock's Retirement Sales teams and Portfolio Management teams to develop and drive commercialization of key investment product initiatives. This includes utilizing data to develop key competitive insights, crafting investment narratives and content, executing product campaigns, organizing and cascading relevant product information, and project managing across industry verticals including DC plans, insurance companies, and consultants. Comfort with project managing and synthesizing investment concepts into persuasive insights are a must. Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills and Qualifications
- Collaborating closely with internal partners to develop key product focuses and execution plans
- Crafting repeatable sales messaging and driving implementation of narratives strategically through various mediums and sales trainings
- Organizing and cascading relevant product and competitor information to sales teams on a regular basis
- Developing investment and/or portfolio construction analytics to drive sales opportunities
- Partnering closely with team lead on management content, e.g. internal strategy presentations, execution pipelines, wins, pipelines, etc.
- Project managing key technology initiatives that support our commercial product focuses with BlackRock's internal technology partners
- Contributing feedback to advise on product improvement and innovation
- Knowledge and comfort with timely market themes and industry trends to better align with the challenges faced by our clients
- 4+ years of relevant investment industry experience, preferably with emphasis in strategy, sales/relationship management or marketing
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to scale product insights across sales teams and clients
- Ability to establish relationships within the firm, and to coordinate thoughtfully across portfolio management teams and sales
- Highly motivated to drive execution and collaboration around key initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize information, summarize issues and think creatively
- Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and works well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Passion for the financial markets and Retirement wellness
- Series 7 and 63 required or must be obtained within licensing time frame after hire
- Background in DC, Insurance, Target Date Funds, Fixed Income or Alternatives is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.