Retirement Product and Strategy Associate
Description About this role Overview:
BlackRock's US & Canada Retirement Strategy & Innovation team is responsible for supporting the long-term growth of BlackRock's Retirement business through identifying growth opportunities, establishing business priorities and driving key initiatives for the Retirement business across client segments, products and technology. The Retirement Strategy & Innovation Associate will play a key role supporting a portfolio of business development and product innovation initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Support development of long-term growth strategy and execution of business initiatives through teamwork and co-creation
- Work with senior management and business unit leaders to assess key business opportunities, including but not limited to market entry strategies, investment solution innovation, and technology partnerships
- Conduct market research and analysis to provide insights to translate into strategic priorities and impactful project plans
- Communicate and execute plans across the firm through written and oral communications at various firm and Retirement team forums
- Support senior management in the preparation of strategy sessions, leadership meetings and external engagements
- Develop and track key performance indicators for projects to ensure the team can accurately measure impact
An ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- This role allows for unparalleled opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of BlackRock's Retirement business and build solutions to some of the today's most pressing challenges in achieving long-term financial security for millions of Americans
- Exposure to senior leadership, including opportunities to work directly with business unit leadership
- Potential development to project management role within in the team or into more senior roles in the broader Retirement business
- A passion for exploring and understanding the asset management industry and retirement ecosystem
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with dedication to excellence
- The ability to work as a great teammate, collaborate across businesses, and contribute individually
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 3 - 5 years of work experience, most likely in asset management or consulting; experience with the US retirement industry a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking within a business context
- Familiarity with financial modeling and/or demonstrated willingness or interest in improving these skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to drive projects forward working with a diverse set of stakeholders (i.e. various levels of seniority, different corporate functions, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and deliver in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects in flight
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority; experience writing executive memos and creating PowerPoint presentations
- Work optimally at all levels of an organization and build positive relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.