Research analyst, Financial writer
Financial Writer/Research Analyst Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
New York (55 Water Street) The Team:
North American Credit Research. This team is responsible for a number of regularly scheduled flagship publications, including the quarterly Credit Conditions Committee commentaries and semi-annual cross-practice outlooks, as well as ad hoc thought leadership throughout the year. The Impact:
As an energetic writer committed to delivering compelling content for global investors, issuers, and intermediaries, this individual will help strengthen our external profile. As such, the ability to generate articles analyzing and cross-referencing S&P Global data sources is a requirement. What's in it for you:
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Work with the regional economists and research teams around the world to craft high-quality thought leadership on a global scale.
- Better develop analytical skills to tell (and support) our house views.
- Work with analysts across Ratings practices to develop a better understanding of the relationships between the practices.
This individual will need to efficiently coordinate/engage with global partners (i.e., economists, sector leads, analytical managers, research/risk analysts).
Strong process, organization, and time management skills are a must to meet publishing deadlines (and liaise with analytical and editorial colleagues effectively).
- Uses common sense and defined procedures to complete tasks in straightforward situations without supervision.
- Uses judgment based on practice and precedence and accurately defines problems by trying to understand underlying factors/causes.
- Selects appropriate alternative sources of information and utilizes them to evaluate situations and possible outcomes. Organizes information and identifies criteria for analyzing ideas to reach a logical solution.
What We're Looking For:
- Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations. Considers best practices and lessons learned to evaluate solutions. Makes decisions after analyzing multiple sources, internal and external.
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a New York-based Financial Writer for its growing credit research team covering predominantly regional credit trends. Given the global nature of our ratings practices, an understanding and focus on cross-regional dynamics is a requirement. This individual will collaborate with; global research staff, regional economists, regional credit condition committees, and credit analysts on feature articles, and will use his/her understanding of finance and financial markets to help produce clear, relevant, and thought-provoking external commentaries. Striving to identify dynamic cross sector credit and economic risks is a key goal of this position. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $75,100 to $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Basic Qualifications:
About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
- Sufficient financial/business writing experience and a strong track record covering financial markets and writing on economic and/or credit-related trends and issues.
- Conversant in macroeconomic concepts and theory, and able to translate the corresponding dynamic relationship into impactful credit "stories" in a timely manner.
- An affinity for working with publishing processes (including design/layout), in-house resources, and external market intelligence (data and graphics).
- Ability to assist in developing our short-, medium-, and long-term research agendas in conjunction with analysts, editors, and other stakeholders. Ideas for commentaries will come from engagement and contact with regional research analysts and economists, rating analysts, and market participants.
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267812 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States