- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18052660
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's US Economics team seeks an experienced research professional to contribute to the production of best-in-class insights and publications.
• Formulate and investigate novel research questions that are relevant for Citi Market's clients.
• Contribute articles to the "US Economics Weekly," our flagship, client-facing publication as well as longer focus pieces.
• Enhance the team's client franchise through direct client interaction.
• Develop and improve quantitative indicators and forecasts.
• Work collaboratively with the broader global economics team and product strategy partners.
• Experience in research or quantitative analysis, ideally focused on macro developments in G10 economies or markets.
• Advanced degree in economics, finance or other quantitative discipline preferred.
• Deep interest in US and global economic fundamentals, monetary policy and financial markets.
• Familiarity with basic statistical and econometric methods and software (e.g. eViews).
• Some coding experience (e.g. MATLAB, R, python) preferred.
• Ability to communicate research findings clearly through both writing and in-person presentations.
• Able to complete tasks under tight deadlines and efficiently prioritize multiple work-streams .