Research Analyst, Transportation
Transportation Research Analyst
As a Barclays Transportation Research Analyst, you will have the opportunity to analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the Transportation & Airlines Senior analyst. Utilizing your intellectual curiosity, unwavering attention to detail and adaptability in a dynamic work environment, you will research, analyze and forecast the impact of the Transportation & Airlines sector with the current trends and corporate strategies.
This role is regulated by FINRA.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Building and maintaining financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
- Reviewing business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the Senior analyst
- Preparing research reports varying in size and scope from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to original thought pieces on a range of topics
- Authoring written reports and communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
- Developing marketing materials for clients and attend industry conferences where appropriate
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
- Prior experience in accounting, consulting or research. Candidates in these industries are encouraged to apply
- Strong experience in business modeling, financial statement analysis and working with large data sets required
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
Where will you be working?
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.